10 September 2013

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in Coral Crush

Maybelline has been knocking it out of the park with their lipsticks lately, and I have been trying desperately to get my hands on a at least a few of their really great shades. The Color Sensational range   carries 43 shades (at least what I've found) ranging from browns and nudes to corals, pinks, and reds. And these don't even include the Vivids! There is a shade for everyone. Probably more than one. 

I as able to get Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in Coral Crush, which is a coral shade that leans more towards the orange side. You can find it for $7.49 here



The packaging is a rectangular semi-transparent lid encasing a silver bullet. The shade is listed on the sticker at the bottom of the bullet. Under the right lighting conditions, the sticker will almost match the color of the actual lipstick. As you can see above, the sticker looks more red, when in reality, it is more coral. 

It isn't the most secure packaging, and the lid may come loose in your handbag, so you might want to place it in a pocket that is secure, with very little movement. 



Like I said, under different lighting conditions, different colors will pop out, and here, it looks more red than it is. You'll see in the swatches below. As for the formulation, it glides on ever so smoothly, is moisturizing, and leaves behind a subtle stain as it fades, which is quite nice. It is a bit sheer, so you'll want to layer it on until you get the color intensity that you like. 


Here, you have a double swatch of Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in Coral Crush, and it's a bit orange toned now (more like the actual shade). 


On the lips, it's a touch more pink due to the color of my lips, but still on the coral side. It doesn't cling to dry patches, and leaves a smooth, glossy finish. It feels very nice on the lips. 


Of course, I had to share with you one of my latest indulgences. Mmm yummy!

Do you have this lipstick? What are your thoughts on Maybelline's lipstick range?

Have you entered my giveaway?

Like what you see? Follow me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting! I try to respond to all comments, but you can tweet me too for faster communication :). I love talking to you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40051127-1